24 June 2011

I am such a horrible blogger.

  • I like researching random topics, usually historical. Google Books makes me super happy. I get to read obscure books that I never would otherwise. I especially like "Who's Who" books and other lists of names. Well, lists of anything, actually. I don't say this to be offensive, I really think we all fall somewhere on the Autism Spectrum. At least I do. Not terribly, but I'm gifted and pretty socially awkward. Anyway, we all have our little idiosyncrasies and mine is lists.
  • I love the fact that there were multiple at the University of Alabama back in the 1830s and 1840s. They looted professors' homes, shot guns everywhere, destroyed Bibles, vandalized the chapel, sexually harassed women, set fires, and were generally just little punk hooligans. One year, the entire senior class was expelled plus some undergrads. We've always been a party school. Now we just have frat parties and The Strip. Roll Tide!
  • On that note, I also love the fight song. Here it is:
Yay, Alabama! Drown 'em, Tide!
Every Bama man's behind you, hit your stride!
Go teach the Bulldogs to behave, send the Yellow Jackets to a watery grave!
And if a man starts to weaken, that's his shame!
For Bama's pluck and grit have writ her name in Crimson flame.
Fight on, fight on, fight on, men!
Remember the Rose Bowl, we'll win then!
Roll on to victory, hit your stride!
You're Dixie's football pride,
Roll Tide, Roll Tide!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share the happiness! Let us know what makes you happy. Just keep it reasonably clean, if you please.